Saturday, February 11, 2012

New York: Gallery 9

February 11, 2012, Saturday

I made a quick trip uptown for the third Gagosian gallery in New York before I head to Rome and Athens next weekend.

The first Hirst spot painting from 1986 could be found in the Madison Avenue location.   I was prohibited from taking photos of paintings unless I was in it.  I had a photo taken of a 1988 spot painting where some paint had come off.

A small corner of Untitled (with Black Dot), 1988




Something for every budget at the Spot Shop next door
On my subway ride back home, someone got on and started ranting:

I'm an angel who has been sent here
Look my way if you're a female angel
You!  You're a homosexual; you should be thrown under the tracks
We'll put the rapists and the homosexuals on Staten Island

A random passenger yelled, How can an angel talk this way?

I'm going to Washington
I'm fixing Washington
I'm using 25 million dollars to start my own ministry

My stop arrived and I had to get off the train.

Bus and subway:  $2.25
Previous Gagosian gallery visit:  Malevich and the American Legacy, March 19, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment