Sunday, January 15, 2012

Les Macarons Perdus

January 15, 2012, Sunday

Number of lost macarons:  5

My friend A was running late, so I wandered over to the Charing Cross Road bookstores.  I had bought some Hévin chocolates for her, but when I was getting my things from the coat check at the National Gallery, I ran into the friend who had gone to the show with the woman who had sold me her extra ticket.  So she got the chocolates instead as a thank you.


I told A this story over lunch, and I said, Well, I have some macarons I didn't get to eat in the morning and we can share these for dessert.  But as I reached for them in my bag, I realized they were gone as well.  I'd given them away inadvertently.

Ladurée Burlington Arcade, courtesy of Ladurée.fr



Off we went searching for macarons at Ladurée Burlington Arcade.  But instead we indulged ourselves at the Parlour at Fortnum & Mason across the street. 

I marveled at how well A coped with motherhood.  While she was caring for her baby in a changing room, I waited in the lingerie section nearby.  One item had this on it, which I thought summed up the Challenge quite well:  

Veni
Vidi
Visa

No comments:

Post a Comment